Maximize your potential. Take on the world’s toughest problems. Build expertise in areas that matter to you.
At Dalberg, we strive to merge strategic consulting and expertise in international development into one integrated vision. We offer a distinctive platform for people who want to bring their intelligence, business skills, and experience to bear on global challenges.
Innovation and entrepreneurship are not only valued at Dalberg; they are demanded. Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious has failed. We supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day.
We seek candidates with a blend of skills and experience who are exceptional problem-solvers, capable of rigorous analysis, and knowledgeable about project management. We are looking for passionate, committed people who are open to joining a growing, entrepreneurial organization.
Though we hire candidates with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, successful candidates typically have the following characteristics:
- Professional services experience with a top management consulting firm
- Experience living, studying, or working in a developing country
- Academic credentials from a leading university
- Entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to build our organization
- Long-term commitment to raising living standards around the world
To provide our clients with high-quality and professional support, we invest in attracting and retaining a team of truly outstanding and committed people. We firmly believe that they will become the global development leaders of the future.
We build and support our leaders with:
- On-the-job coaching as part of project teams
- Organized in-office formal training
- A global mentorship program
- Annual training for all staff at our global retreat
- Annual Project Manager/Project Leader training at a leading university
- Encouragement and support to attend conferences, publish articles, and join associations linked to international development
In addition, our staff accrue paid sabbatical time to do field work outside the firm, and tuition reimbursement is provided by some offices to study for an MBA or MPA.